Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Fave Makeup Gurus

Hello there! ^_^

I am currently obssessed with MAKE-UP. This craziness started when I got a full makeover during the Cosmo Beauty Block last month. I looked and felt amazing and I got compliments as well, so I decided to learn how to apply make-up and be the woman that I truly am, charot.


While I already have a stash of Cosmo magazines (and more coming, because I subscriiibed!!!) as my learning materials, I still want to see how makeup looks are actually done step-by-step. So I searched for beauty vloggers on Youtube I can binge-watch using the following criteria:
  • clear and simple instructions
  • great visuals (proper lighting, nice and clean studio/room)
  • sense of humor (because I have the attention span of a five year-old)
  • use of affordable products
  • relatability (and I mean the vlogger also has oily skin and needs to cover up breakouts every once in a while)
The following vloggers may possess only some of the qualifications mentioned above, if not all, and that is completely fine. Also, they are listed here in no particular order.

Note: Just click on their names to check out their videos! :)

Michelle Phan

Image result for michelle phan
Photo source: www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan
This woman is an inspiring online success story and has a very sweet, soothing voice I can listen to all day. Her videos are visual treats that I will never get tired of watching.



Heart Defensor

Image result for heart defensor
Photo source: www.youtube.com/user/ThatsHeart
Heart is a ball of energy and a ray of sunshine in one. Her humor and quirkiness make her a cut above the rest. Still, her unique persona does not make her videos any less informative or helpful; it just makes them more worth the watch. 
Image result for jennifer chiu
Photo source: www.twitter.com/chiutips
I love the simplicity of her videos. She may not be the funniest or perkiest vlogger around, but her tutorials are helpful and that's enough for me.

Image result for kris lumagui
Photo source: www.youtube.com/user/krislumagui

My girl is so underrated; she deserves more subscribers! I can say that she is my favorite local beauty vlogger because she's the perfect mix of sweet, sexy, and sassy, the ultimate babaeng bakla we all want to be friends with. It helps that she is freelance make-up artist too, so you can definitely trust the tips and tricks she shares. Also, she uses a lot of drugstore products perfect for make-up addicts na nasa laylayan like me.

Photo source: www.twitter.com/michelle_dy
Another funny Youtuber who should be in everyone's subscription list. She has very creative ways in doing her tutorials (love the series where she takes on different personas) and she also recommends affordable products every once in a while.
Image result for anne clutz
Photo source: https://www.youtube.com/user/THEanneclutz
Popularly known as Anne Clutz, this beauty vlogger makes Taglish videos that both the shala and the masa can learn from. Her videos may not be as fancy as the others, but the way she teaches how to do make-up looks and gives feedback on products will make you feel like listening to a dear makeup-loving friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment