Tuesday, August 9, 2016

How I Spend Most Nights

Photo source: unintendedgirl.tumblr.com


It saddens me how my nights are always uneventful.

Most of the time, I just go home after work. I unlock the key of my room, turn on the light, kick off my shoes, lie on my bed, and stare at the cardboard that covers the top bunk. When I’m not engaged in a staring contest with said cardboard, I drown myself in social media. Social media is my junk food; I won’t stop consuming it even if it’s not good for me. Usually, I do only a few things when I’m online.
  1. I rave about food and cats.
  2. I complain about politics and current events. I already stopped complaining about religions because I don’t want to get into word wars and lose friends. 
  3. I enter my not-so-secret fangirling world. Yes, I still follow that local loveteam that the rest of the country already tagged as laos. I refuse to believe that.
  4. I like or comment on witty, insightful, or interesting posts of friends I know well or even people I barely know. What do I do with other types of posts? I judge them.
  5. I try to be self-righteous/all-knowing and post a “wise” piece of advice or opinion.
When I feel happy, sad, or stressed, I eat out (usually alone). I live in a street lined with restaurants so you can imagine how big my midsection is. I hope this doesn’t happen to you. It’s just so difficult to buy clothes for this body nowadays.

Currently, I’m replaying some anime shows I loved aside from watching a variety of movies with my roommate.

I wonder why I can’t make my nights more exciting when I’m only 23 and I’m earning enough to buy myself a drink or two. Sometimes, I imagine myself getting dressed up and putting on some dark lipstick so I can hang out in a bar and look cool as hell. Or maybe check out paintings I’ll never understand and read poetry in a hole-in-a-wall café because I aspire to be a hipster.

However, if I become that fun, partying type of person the society expects me to be, would I still be myself? Or should I just accept the fact that not having fun is my idea of having fun?

Where the hell am I going with this? We all know the truth.

I’m just lazy as f***.

No comments:

Post a Comment